[np_storybar title=”Latest developments” link=””]
• Witness say fighter jet shot down over Kramatorsk airdrome
• Ukraine soldiers retake Kramatorsk amid reports of heavy gunfire, casualties
• 20 armoured personnel carriers, 500 troops roll into eastern Ukraine
• Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev warns “a civil war could break out.”
• Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov warns Russia would quit a conference Thursday to address the conflict
Ukraine began a military-backed “anti-terrorist” operation to quash a pro-Russian insurgency in its eastern border region where militants have seized buildings as Russia’s Prime Minister said the country risks spiralling into civil war.
Armed troops today recaptured Kramatorsk airport in eastern Ukraine from pro-Russian militiamen amid reports of heavy gunfire and the downing of a fight jet. The mayor of Kramatorsk said Ukrainian troops have now occupied the military airport and are blocking its entrance.
A military spokesmen said the airport is “under reliable…
View original post 1,469 more words